The IAIAsa National Executive Committee brings you a discussion the Protection of Personal Information Act featuring a presentation by the Chairperson of the ELA, Peter Kantor.
Date: 9 June 2021
- Welcome – Abulele Adams & Monique Sham
- Intro to POPIA
Maushami Chetty – Aarya Legal
- Ideas & Solutions for Environmental Consultants to faciliate compliance
Biasha Pillay – SiVEST
- A competent authority perspective on how POPI relates to the NEMA EIA requirements: Expectations of EAP’s
Ntsizi November – DFFE
- Insights for practice, Wrapping up and overall observations as the Act goes live on 1 July 2021
Peter Kantor – Chairperson of the Environmental Law Association of South Africa
- Closing – Abulele Adams & Monique Sham
Cost: IAIAsa & ELA Members Free
Student Non-Members R30
Where: Online Webinar
Please register at the link before 13h00 on 7 June 2021. The Zoom link will be provided the day before the event, once membership has been verified and non-member payments have cleared through the bank.
Anyone not registered for the event with IAIAsa and joining the webinar will be removed automatically.
Places are limited. We therefore respecfully request that if you register and cannot attend you cancel your registration by 13h00 on 7 June 2021, failing which a no-show fee will be applicable.
09 Jun 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm